Hardware + Storage
If you’re like most people, your kitchen is one of the most active places in your home, with many different appliances and storage containers taking up valuable space on your countertops,
In this section, you will find information about pull-down spice racks, blind corner cabinet solutions, kitchen garbage and recycling solutions, and even docking drawers with power outlets that create a kitchen charging station to help you organize your kitchen and keep clean and clutter-free
Looking to clear visual clutter too? Check out the options for concealed cabinet handles and specialty appliance garages.
Want to see these solutions in person? Come by our Palm Desert cabinet showroom and try out the storage options yourself!
- Kitchen Cabinets – Trash & Recycling SolutionsKitchen Cabinets – Trash & Recycling Solutions What are Pull Out Trash Cans? Modern kitchen designs will account for under-counter trash and recycling disposal. This is usually done with an under-counter pull-out waste system containing dual trash and recycle containers in a single cabinet close to the dishwasher and food prep area. However, some kitchen owners prefer separate trash and recycle containers in different cabinets if space allows. You slide the unit out by hand and toss in the garbage. Or one can also install a foot pedal release system. This is perfect if you… Read More »Kitchen Cabinets – Trash & Recycling Solutions
- Kitchen Cabinets – Pull Out Storage SolutionsKitchen Cabinets-Pull Out Storage Solutions Pull Out Pantry Storage Solutions These days, kitchen cabinetry innovations include the cabinets’ interior storage capacity too. For example, if you do not have the space for a walk-in pantry, we now have ways for you to simulate a pantry by putting its contents in pull out racks. In fact, in a way, you get a better result. They certainly make better and more accessible use of the cabinet space than traditional shelves. You can work with your kitchen designer to determine placement for pull out pantry shelving inserts. Usually,… Read More »Kitchen Cabinets – Pull Out Storage Solutions
- Appliance Garages – Clearing Kitchen Counter ClutterAppliance Garages-Clearing Kitchen Clutter What is an Appliance Garage? An appliance garage is a customized countertop compartment within the kitchen cabinetry design that can come in many different configurations. Its purpose is to contain and conceal large kitchen appliances. Typically kitchens would feature a battery of appliances competing for counter space near an electrical outlet. Keeping your coffee maker, tea maker, microwave, toaster, mixer, or food processor behind closed doors reduces visual clutter in your kitchen. Nowadays, we are designing cabinetry and countertop compartments to provide permanent storage for frequently used appliances. These match the… Read More »Appliance Garages – Clearing Kitchen Counter Clutter
- Kitchen Cabinets – New Solutions for Blind CornersKitchen Cabinets – New Solutions for Blind Corners What Can You Do with a Blind Corner Cabinet? You have two main options to efficiently utilize the otherwise dead space created by a blind corner cabinet. You can choose a Lazy Susan insert or specialized blind corner organizers. A Lazy Susan comes in several configurations but is mainly characterized by its circular or semi-circular shape. The only disadvantage of using a Lazy Susan is that you don’t get to use the corners of your cabinets for storage. One advantage of using a Lazy Susan insert is… Read More »Kitchen Cabinets – New Solutions for Blind Corners
- Kitchen Charging StationsKitchen Charging Stations Create a Clutter Free Kitchen with a Charging Station An appliance garage is a customized countertop compartment within the kitchen cabinetry design that can come in many different configurations. Its purpose is to contain and conceal large kitchen appliances. Typically kitchens would feature a battery of appliances competing for counter space near an electrical outlet. Keeping your coffee maker, tea maker, microwave, toaster, mixer, or food processor behind closed doors reduces visual clutter in your kitchen. Nowadays, we are designing cabinetry and countertop compartments to provide permanent storage for frequently used appliances.… Read More »Kitchen Charging Stations
- Docking Drawer: The In-Drawer Power OutletDocking Drawer: The In-Drawer Power Outlet Organize and Store Your Electronic and Tech Devices Get control of your electrical clutter with the Docking Drawer. You can get all your cords, chargers, hair dryers, iPhones, iPads, etc.,off your countertops and out of the way with the Docking Drawer. It comes in a variety of configurations and is UL-approved. In-drawer outlets provide a designated place to connect all your devices and can make your space more functional. You will never wonder where your phone charger is again! Docking Drawer In-Drawer Outlets-Safe and Simple to Install The Docking Drawer… Read More »Docking Drawer: The In-Drawer Power Outlet
- Concealed Cabinet Pulls with C- Channels and J- ChannelsConcealed Cabinet Pulls with C-Channels and J-Channels or Tab Pulls Modern and Minimalist Kitchen Hardware Choices If you are looking for a modern kitchen cabinet choice, you may have chosen flat panel or European slab door-styled kitchen cabinets. Now you may be wondering what hardware to choose to keep your kitchen looking sleek and visually minimal. Hidden or integrated kitchen cabinet handles are good choices to highlight your modern kitchen design. What Are C-Channel and J-Channel Cabinet Pulls? If your choice of kitchen and bathroom cabinetry style is modern and minimalist, a natural selection for… Read More »Concealed Cabinet Pulls with C- Channels and J- Channels
- Kitchen Storage: 3 Smart IdeasThe featured photo above highlights the kitchen storage display at our showroom. We recently remodeled to install dozens of storage options for you to see and try. Every open door and drawer above contains a storage discovery. Come by and give them all a try. Consider our line-up of kitchen storage solutions below as a starting point. Spice Things Up Small items like individual spice jars are often the hardest to organize in a kitchen. Also, spices last longer when stored away from light in airtight containers. Traditionally, a counter spice rack, or a lazy… Read More »Kitchen Storage: 3 Smart Ideas
- The New Galley KitchenA galley kitchen consists of two rows of cabinetry that face one another with a walkway between. It can be enclosed or open. This layout takes its name from the kitchen spaces in ships, trains, or planes. This kitchen layout is all about efficiency and wise use of available space. This classic kitchen layout can be one of the simplest and most versatile layout choices. The layout can work in larger spaces as well. As shown in the featured kitchen above from our partners at Bellmont Cabinetry, the design creates a streamlined look. This modern… Read More »The New Galley Kitchen
- Getting Cabinets HandledOnce you have your cabinets selected, what about the hardware? Choosing hardware is not as simple as you might think. There is a lot to consider and here are some things to think about to make sure you make the right selection out of the vast number of choices available to you. Remember, you will be looking at, touching and feeling the hardware every day for a long time. Knobs or pulls: Knobs are attached to a cabinet door or drawer front with a single screw/attachment point. Pulls are attached to a cabinet door or… Read More »Getting Cabinets Handled
- Vauth-Sagel – Storage & Organizing IngenuityVauth-Sagel is a German manufacturer of storage related items. It is an expert on kitchen organization, offering a large selection of ingenious cabinet pull-outs and lazy susans. We really like these door organizer and ironing board ideas. A link to their website is here: Vauth-Sagel.
- New Counter Top Waste SystemWe at Cabinets of the Desert love innovation. And DropOut Cabinets does not disappoint here. Their combination forward tilt wastebasket and through counter top food prep/disposal system is outstanding. Their website is here and a great Youtube video showing how the system works is here.