Know Before You Go Series
Picking out kitchen cabinets can be a lot to wrap your head around—but we’re here to help!
Start with our Know Before You Go Blog series to get the information you need to choose your kitchen cabinets. Here’s a quick snapshot of the process that goes into buying your kitchen cabinets. Here you will find information on stock versus semi-custom versus custom cabinetry, steps to plan your kitchen remodeling project, basic cabinetry terms, an overview of available finishes, and a complete description of the cabinet buying process.
Still have questions? Call or stop by our Palm Desert cabinet showroom and we will help you choose the type of cabinet that fits your vision best.
- The Truth About Custom CabinetsKnow Before You Go: What is Custom Cabinetry? What Makes a Cabinet Custom? What does the term custom cabinetry mean to you and your kitchen remodeling project? Custom cabinets are measured, designed, and built to fit your specific kitchen. This article will provide an overview of custom cabinetry to help you purchase your new kitchen cabinets. Selecting your new kitchen cabinets is a big design decision. They set the style for the kitchen remodel-whether modern, transitional, or traditional. They also need to be highly functional and last for years. Additionally, kitchen cabinetry accounts for a… Read More »The Truth About Custom Cabinets
- Buying Kitchen CabinetsKnow Before You Go You’ve done your online research and looked at articles like our Kitchen Remodeling Steps article. Now you are ready to move on to actually buying your kitchen cabinets. Making the right cabinet choice is important because kitchen cabinets play a big role in how your kitchen looks. They can have a big impact on budget too. In this article, we are going to walk you through the process of buying cabinets so you know what to expect. The good news is that modern kitchen cabinets are future-proof. There are plenty of… Read More »Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinet FinishesKnow Before You Go You have figured out the door style you like – now it is time to bring some personality into your space with cabinet door finishes. This choice will establish the final aesthetic of your kitchen cabinet design. We will cover the different types of kitchen cabinet finishes in this post, the manufacturing techniques used, and the pros and cons of each type of finish. Painted Cabinet Finishes Your color choices are unlimited when you choose painted cabinets. Our manufacturers offer a full palette of readily available colors, or you can choose… Read More »Kitchen Cabinet Finishes
- Kitchen Cabinet MaterialsKnow Before You Go Are you curious about the materials that go into building your kitchen cabinets? You may be on our site looking at products and thinking, “what is the difference between MDF, HDF, plywood, and particle board?” And what exactly is melamine? In this blog, we’ll talk about the materials that make up a quality kitchen cabinet build – focusing on the Box or base of the cabinet. Understanding the pros and cons of each material will help make your purchasing decision easier when you are picking out your new kitchen cabinets. Industrial… Read More »Kitchen Cabinet Materials
- Kitchen Cabinet TermsKnow Before You Go Visually, cabinets will set the design tone for the rest of the kitchen. This makes choosing kitchen cabinets one of the most essential parts of your kitchen renovation. You want to choose cabinets that look good, work well, and last. Picking up some basic kitchen cabinet terms before you go cabinet shopping will help you understand what designers and contractors are talking about. You can also learn what to look for in a quality cabinet. Basic Cabinet Terms There are four components to a cabinet: the Box, the Shelves, the Drawers,… Read More »Kitchen Cabinet Terms
- Kitchen Remodeling StepsThere is a saying in the real estate industry: Kitchens sell homes.But in fact, because of low housing inventory, many people are deciding to remodel instead of selling. In addition, according to the Zillow Housing Aspirations Report, 76 percent of Americans surveyed would prefer to upgrade their home to meet their needs – especially their kitchen. From a financial standpoint, the best (and smartest) kind of kitchen remodel is one that you can enjoy yourself for a few years before selling. Here are some basic steps to take as you plan a new kitchen. Form vs.… Read More »Kitchen Remodeling Steps