We love simple kitchen gadgets and this one is great. Very inexpensive too.
- Microwave egg boiler for hard- or soft-boiled eggs
- Interior shelf holds up to 4 eggs upright
- No piercing required
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA (Bisphenol A) and melamine-free
- Actual height is 6 1/4″ and it is 5 1/4″ across at the widest point
The secret to the whole thing is the eggs are protected from the microwaves by an aluminum hood inside the plastic lid. The microwaves boil the water and the steam cooks the eggs.
You can find it on Amazon here.
Here are instructions:
- Remove aluminum insert from the plastic base of the egg boiler. You should see the “water fill” line, it is faint, if you do not see it the measure is 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Replace the aluminum insert and place 1 -4 eggs in the cups (you do not need to pierce the egg shell).
- Replace the plastic top so that it snaps shut and place in the microwave. Microwave on high – soft boiled: 5-6 minutes, medium boiled: 6-7 minutes, hard boiled: 8-9 minutes. Microwaves vary to times may vary. If your micro is 600 watts: Soft boiled 7 minutes, medium, 8 min, hard boiled, 10 min. If your micro is 800 watts: a minute less. If your micro is 1,000 watts 2 minutes less.
- After microwaving eggs, allow egg boiler to cool for 2 minutes before removing the cover. Briefly run cool water over the eggs to stop further cooking.
- Cleaning: hand wash or dishwasher top rack. Do not use abrasive cleaners or pads.
- This item should only be used in a microwave.